메뉴 건너뛰기

jhheo2005.06.14 12:30
I am sorry again for writing in English. I am experiencing some computer problem and can"t write in Korean. If DSD native conversion meant converting DSD to analog without converting to PCM, that makes some sense. However, DSD has very high modulation noise above 40 ~ 50kHz, and this is why Sony/Philips recommends analog LPF at 50kHz. Analog LPF is inferior to digital filter in stopband attenuation and phase response. If DSD is converted to PCM before DA conversion, the digital filter can sharply cut off the modulation noise like down to -130dB. Then this high-quality(as high as original DSD) multibit PCM can fully utilize those sophisticated DAC circuitry in high-end DSD/PCM DACs. If not converted to PCM, DSD/Analog conversion will use very small part of the DAC. Regarding sy200"s reply, please pay attention to "while conversion is needed". In DSD domain, even simple 5.1->2.0 downmix is impossible. The result will be multi-bit and it"s better be handled as PCM than converted to back to DSD, adding modulation noise and noise-shaping artifacts. When it comes to bass management, it"s simply impossible. I guess nobody wouldn"t want to lose 3.1 channels among 5.1 contents, or the bass signals from all channels. Pure DSD conversion can be used only when you have 5.1 or 6 full-range speakers - requiring no downmix or bass management. And it would still sound and measure inferior to or at best same as the system with DSD/PCM conversion.
파일 첨부

여기에 파일을 끌어 놓거나 파일 첨부 버튼을 클릭하세요.

파일 크기 제한 : 0MB (허용 확장자 : *.*)

0개 첨부 됨 ( / )

(주)에이프릴뮤직
TEL: 02-578-9388
Email: info@aprilmusic.co.kr

k2s0o1d4e0s2i1g5n. All Rights Reserved